2014 Loco SUP New Products Team Riders & Loco Brand Ambassadorsloco
After another fantastic year Loco are looking to take things to the next level in 2014. Bold plans are already afoot to diversify into other areas of the water sports market – surfing and kite surfing are ripe for the plucking.
Over the past 12 months we’ve been collaborating with exciting shapers to ensure our existing products continue to be at the forefront of SUP design without loss of quality or durability. We want to make sure our ventures don’t become ‘also ran’s, within already competitive markets, and feel we can achieve this by having the best in the business help us deliver top drawer products while branching out into other areas.
Alongside our new range of competition surf SUPs (71L to 131L), we’re also offering windSUP versions of Loco’s core line and we’ll be introducing a 10ft performance noserider. We’ve optimised our race board weights and each of our full carbon sticks come in sub 10kgs at no loss of strength.
We’re also looking to expand our existing team of Loco riders and brand ambassadors. Recruiting passionate individuals, who’ll take an active role in product development and spreading the Loco love, is important for driving Loco forward.
If you fancy getting sectioned with Loco then here’s a brief description of what we’d expect –
- Former paddle sports champions or semi/pro athletes looking to seriously get into SUP racing (UK and Europe).
- Get actively involved with R&D.
- Gifted semi/pro surfers looking to cross over to SUP who intend to compete or can provide regular, inspirational/aspirational, snaps/HD videos from far flung places (global).
- UK surf, kitesurf, bodyboard, skimboard and skateboard chargers looking to get involved with an emerging brand.
- Product feedback and regular snaps/vids are a pre-requisite!
- Have influence in your local area and point potential buyers in the direction of Loco.
- Make kit accessible for demo purposes.
- Provide regular content for Loco site and social media outlets – extremely important!
- Promote the Loco brand at key opportunities.
- Be a visible Loco rider during on the water.
We’re particularly interested in girls who race or paddle surf, across Europe, but we’re also interested in talking to intermediate level (and up) guys who live in quirky locations or run a SUP school or club as well.
No two rider or ambassador deals are the same – much would depend on what you can bring to the party in terms of testing, R&D, podium finishes and that all important content. We do promise that you’ll be hard pushed to find a better deal on similar construction boards with our prices being extremely competitive!
Make sure you’re getting sectioned for less in 2014 by joining the Asylum and fuelling the Loco fire! Contact Joe Thwaites on 44 191 4206921 / 07779 127230 for more information about product spec or team rider details.
Get Sectioned in 2014 – Loco Asylum team